I'm just going to say it. If you plan to sew holiday gifts this year, it's time to get started. At the very least, it's time to start planning. This week I'm going to help you (and me) out a bit with some ideas to get your planning underway.
Quilted throws always make nice gifts, but even the easiest ones can be a bit time-consuming so don't wait until the last minute! You'll be trying to bake cookies and send (make?) cards in December, too, you know! Here is a round-up of ten free patterns or tutorials of quilted throws that I think could be made by beginners (also quick projects for those more experienced).
Above, clockwise from top left:
- Tutorial: 3-2-1 Throw, A Quick & Easy Little Quilt (a tutorial written by me for my former blog) Modern Organic Fabrics
- Lotus Quilt (pdf pattern) (projects page) by Amy Butler
- Lap Duvet by The Purl Bee
- Cosy Cross Couch Throw by Whip Up
- Men's Shirt Baby Quilt by Sew4Home
Clockwise from top left:
- Snuggly Layer Cake Throw by Melissa Mortenson for Moda Bake Shop
- 5x5 Quilt Tutorial by Cloud9 Fabrics
- Tutorial: The Road Trip Quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew
- Tutorial: How To Make a Patchwork Quilt by Flossie Teacakes
- Simple Stripes Quilt Tutorial by Diary of a Quilter